Glowing Skin in Winter
Tips for Beautiful Skin in the Cold, Winter Months…
- AVOID LONG, HOT SHOWERS. Many people think the steam from a hot shower will help hydrate the skin. Actually hot water is very drying to your epidermis and can contribute to dry winter skin.
- USE A HUMIDIFIER. Most home heating systems are extremely dehydrating to the skin. Check with your HVAC maintenance person to see if you have a humidifier connected to your furnace. It will help keep your skin from drying out.
- KEEP HYDRATED. Drink lots of water. In the cold winter months, we tend not to drink as much water because we are cold and not as thirsty. Water is more important than ever in the winter months because the cold, dry air is pulling the moisture from our skin. Water helps hydrate our body and our skin.
- GET A FACIAL. Facials are a perfect way to remove all the dead skin cells from the face and give you an instant GLOW! After a facial, your skin will absorb the products you use more effectively.
- USE MEDICAL GRADE SKINCARE PRODUCTS. Medical grade skincare might cost more than over-the-counter products, but high grade skincare products have the most concentrated amounts of effective ingredients. Therefore, a little goes a long way. Ideally , skincare should provide excellent cell turnover, nourish and hydrate the skin, and leave us feeling and looking more youthful.
Now is the perfect time to get a facial and start on a customized skincare regimen for glowing skin all winter season! Call Azani Medical Spa at (610) 625-3000 today to make an appointment with Brianna, our aesthetician and skincare expert. Azani Medical Spa serves the Lehigh Valley (Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton.)